Business Management Degrees
A degree in business management can be the perfect way to get a foot in the door at a company or corporation. Degrees in business management can also be useful to those who have worked in the business world for awhile, but have plateaued professionally; they can no longer ascend the corporate ladder because of their level of education. So whether you’re just starting out your career or wish to gain an edge on the competition, learn about the possibilities of a degree in business management.
- Associate’s: This business management degree program will provide an introduction to several aspects of the business world. You will be taught the basics of business and finance, as well as managerial skills such as motivation and team building. This degree can assist you with a promotion to a management position, or gain you access to entry-level managerial positions such as supervisor, assistant manager or team leader. Students who complete this level of education will have the option of continuing to a bachelor’s degree program.
- Bachelor’s: Students who earn a bachelor’s in business administration can expect job opportunities in entry-level positions at various types of businesses. A bachelor’s degree will cover a basic and intermediate study of business, economics and marketing, as well as interpersonal skills and communication.
- Master’s: In addition to the general study of business and management offered by bachelor and associate degree programs, a master’s program will equip you with the skills you need to run a company. Graduates with a master’s in business management can be immediately hired as mid- to upper-level managers, and eventually move up to CEO.
- PhD: PhD business management degree programs can give you an edge over the increasingly popular MBA. In this program you will have the opportunity to concentrate your focus on a certain area of study within the business program. The PhD degree program can lead to a high-level managerial position, or a professorship at a university or college.
- Entertainment Business Management Certificate Program– This 12 month programs provides students with a unique education in business management as it relates to the entertainment industry. The certification program will allow you to manage clients, events, operations and many other aspects of an entertainment-related event. The entertainment industry is a competitive, fast-moving industry, but can prove rewarding for the hardworking and talented business management professional.
Many business management programs will allow students to specialize in a specific field within the business school. Specializations include, but are not limited to:
- Human Resource Management
- Public Administration
- Sales Management
- Retail Management
- Operations Management
- Criminal Justice
- Homeland Security
- Information Systems Security
- Information Technology